As many of you already know, health and stress are very closely correlated. While we strive to be successful in all that we do its made all the more difficult when we have additional stress on our shoulders. Women today are constantly juggling a number of responsibilities during their daily lives. In a time where women are just as ambitious as men, we strive to have it all. The degrees, the well-paying job, the equally successful husband, children, and a comfortable home. In order to achieve this dream we sometimes tend to take on more than we can handle both mentally and physically. How can this effect our level of success in life?
Most women today go to school, work full-time, and care for a family all in the hopes of one day achieving a higher level of success for themselves. The constant struggle to climb the ladder of success can be very stressful on a person. While it can have debilitating effects on your mind and body it can also impact your personal relationships. In a society that promotes going to the extra mile to achieve your goals how can we learn to balance our personal expectations and our overall quality of life?
How does one continue to be productive in life without eventually burning out due to excessive amounts of stress? Here are some tips experts have found to be quite helpful. Please send comments if you would like to suggest other tips.
- LISTEN TO YOUR BODY: Identify the stresses that are manifested physically, mentally, and emotionally in your daily life. When in doubt make a list of all the things that currently cause you to experience stress. Prioritize your list and begin the process of de-stressing those things you know are in your control.
- DEVELOP HEALTHY EATING EXERCISE AND SLEEPING PATTERNS: Although this is a hard task to take on, its important to give yourself time during the week to engage in activities that increase your overall energy in a positive way. By incorporating healthy eating, exercise, and sleeping habits you will find that your overall functioning and productivity will increase. Start off slow but be sure to start. Everyone needs time to take care of themselves.
- START YOUR DAY OFF BY TAKING A MOMENT: Instead of jumping out of bed the moment you hear your alarm go off, why not take a moment to engage in a calming activity. Every morning I take my dog for a 10-15 minute walk around my neighborhood. I give myself this time to play out how my day will go. Take a few moments to think of how your day is going to turn out. Starting making your day go in the direction you want it to. Your day is determined by the way you start off your morning.
- ASK FOR HELP:Not every task has to be taken on alone. Develop your relationships with family and friends. There is always someone willing and able do things that will help to not only lighten your load but perhaps even open your eyes to new insights.”Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”— Henry Ford
- KNOW WHEN ITS TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE: If joy no longer exists in your job, your relationships, or you find that someone of something is holding you back from experiencing good things in life, then you must make an attempt to alter your circumstances. “There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction.” Winston ChurchillThanks for reading.