I’d like to thank Roojay13 from Skillfully Living for the Tag You’re it blog nomination. I really appreciate this wonderful compliment. I am so proud of Ambition In The City and hope that it continues to flourish and impact readers in a positive way. Throughout these past few months I have really been able to reconnect with my passion for writing. I would like to thank my readers for this, as they have truly inspired me to develop and grow a passion I have been ignoring for quite some time. Thank you so much for all your words of support and encouragement. It warms my heart to know that this blog is being received in a such a positive way. It has been such a joy using Ambition In The City as an outlet to share my insights with the world. Thank you once again to roojay13 for this lovely acknowledgment. Keep reading Ambition In The City! I am having a blast learning and growing with all of you and I’m excited for all that is yet to come. 🙂
Tag You’re it rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Meet Ambition In The City
While I didn’t intend to post a photo of myself on this blog until I had some professional pictures taken, i don’t see any harm in sharing a photo that brings me back to a place of peace and joy. I am a big fan of capturing special moments with pictures. I started keeping memory boxes a few years ago and its been so much fun. I take pictures throughout the year and collect small little trinkets from special moments i have experienced. I place the photos and trinkets in boxes that i decorate with inspiring quotes or things i have said throughout the year to my friends and loved ones. The project has been so much fun and i am so glad i have been able to keep up with it. I hope one day i can share these memories with my children and help them to create their own little memory boxes. This picture comes from my 2011 memory box. I shared a romantic dinner by the ocean with my significant other as we watched the sunset together. It was the perfect end to a perfect day. Just looking at this picture brings back such great memories of that evening. I like to think my boyfriend captured me in a moment of complete joy. The sunset that evening was just so lovely to watch. I’ll never forget it.
11 Random facts about me:
1. I really enjoy getting pedicures during the winter months. One shouldn’t ignore their toes just because others don’t get to see them. 🙂
2. I have read more books in the past few months then I think I ever have before. My reading has always been limited to school and work related topics. Now they are all passion related and that’s a beautiful thing. I love that readers are sharing their recommendations. Keep them coming!
3. I am tough on myself when I don’t post at least once a week. This is a goal I want to keep for myself but it’s hard when life gets in the way. I’m only human though so I am practicing forgiveness even with myself.
4. I’m addicted to highlighting my books. Every book I own has notes and highlighter marks all over them. I never want to forget passages that resonate with me. I might want to revisit them one day.
5. I am trying to learn Italian with a wonderful online app called the Michel Thomas Method. I love the app and cannot wait for my trip to Italy this May. Amo l’Italia!
6. I cannot wait to go to the gym tonight! I haven’t always been the type of person to say this, but it’s nice when you finally start seeing results. When you see your hard work finally paying off its so motivating.
7. Heels that give me at least 4 extra inches in height make me feel great! 🙂
8. I want to go cliff diving one day. I promise I’ll learn how to swim first.
9. Today I am wearing my favorite bright red blazer. Happy color for a happy day.
10. I’m obsessed with bubble tea. It’s so delicious.
11. I’m very hungry and need to start thinking about what I’ll be having for dinner. Have a pleasant evening everyone.
My responses to Roojay13:
1. The most unforgettable moment of your life?
One of my most unforgettable moments happened a few weeks ago when I sat down one Saturday morning to work on a blog post and a few hours later realized I was outlining what appeared to be a book. It’s a work in progress but I cannot wait to see the final product.
2. Who is your favorite writer?
I can’t say I have a favorite writer just yet. I’m reading a lot more and really just enjoying the process. Hopefully I’ll be able to identify a favorite writer soon.
I have read so many books that I absolutely love, but if I had to choose one it would by one of my most recent reads. I Will not Die an Unlived Life by Dawna Markova.
4. What is your worst habit?
I tend to take on way too many tasks at one time. It’s something i am working on improving within myself.
5. What’s your favorite movie?
A favorite movie is hard to pick. I have so many that I love. I guess if I had to pick one that I have watched over and over its The Holiday. It’s such a sweet movie about acknowledging what you’re missing in life and going after it. I love stories like that.
6. What’s the best gift you’ve ever gotten?
Like I have mentioned before in my blog, this year I decided to dedicate more time to my writing. I mentioned this desire to a few of my loved ones and over the Christmas holiday I was truly touched by their gifts. This year I was given several beautiful notebooks from my mom and boyfriend. They knew how important my return to writing was to me that they demonstrated their love and support by giving me one of the tools I would need to cultivate this passion. I was filled with such emotion upon receiving these gifts that I cried. Their support during this journey truly means a lot to me. I have included a picture of one of the most recent notebooks i was given. I just love the cover.
7. Why do you like to write?
Writing brings me so much joy. Ambition In The City truly serves as an extension to my coaching practice. While I may never get to coach people from different countries, I like to think I coach them from afar through my writing. Writing provides me with an opportunity to travel to the farthest reaches of this world. To inspire people to make shifts in their perceptions and to find peace and joy in their hearts.
8. What do you like to eat?
I love food! I was a picky eater as a child, but now ill try just about anything. Nothing in particular is standing out for me at the moment but I do anticipate having a Kobe beef burger with truffle fries this weekend at one of my favorite restaurants in the village. I can’t wait!
9. What’s your favorite time of the day?
5pm! I can work out, work on the blog, study for school, or just veg out in front of the TV for a little while before dinner. It’s good to give yourself some “me” time each day.
10. If you could go anywhere for a day where would it be?
You did say anywhere so my response is really going to take things to another level. If I could go anywhere for one day I would love to spend a day with my both my grandfather’s. They are both deceased but I would love a chance to speak with them for even just a day. 🙂 I would ask them to tell me their life story. To share with me their hopes and desires for the family members they have since left behind. Maybe I could bring a happy message or two for my mom and dad from them. I know it would mean so much to my parents to hear that their parents are doing fine and want to send them their love. If I could go anywhere for the day it would be wherever they are.
11. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An interior designer. I still play around with decorating but it never became a full-time career.
My 11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. What five words would you choose to describe yourself?
2. High heels, sneakers or flip-flops?
3. What is the most difficult thing about blogging?
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
5. Is there a fear you faced head on recently?
6. What will you do to help someone this week?
7. What is the smartest thing you ever did?
8. When did you last hand-write a letter to someone?
9. What blog post are you most proud of? Share the link here.
10. What scares you the most about the future?
11. What is your favorite quote?
And the nominees are…