I’d like to thank Katie Robinson from Ask The Young Professional for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Thank you for following Ambition In The City and for acknowledging my work with this kind gesture. I really appreciate all the wonderful feedback my readers have posted thus far and I hope that Ambition In The City continues to touch people in a positive way. Thank you once again Katie.
Liebster Award Rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 bloggers who you feel deserve to be noticed. These blogs must have 200 followers or less. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated by you.
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. Post all the items listed in item 2 on your blog also.
My responses to Ask The Young Professional
1.What qualities matter most to you in a job?
Having creative freedom and a flexible schedule mean a lot to me in my job. I can question and make suggestions and its acceptable to explore new possibilities for growth. The ability to manage my schedule also demonstrates a huge amount of trust and I really appreciate that. When you are respected for what you can bring to the table at a job your dedication and talents tend to shine through more naturally.
2. What is your dream job?
My dream job would have to be my coaching career. As a successful transformational coach and inspirational speaker I will get to help people everyday. I aspire to make deep connections with my clients as I assist them to unlock what is authentic and meaningful in their lives.
3. Who are your role models?
I would have to say my parents have and always will be two of my top role models in life. They are two of the most hard-working, dedicated individuals I have ever known. They bring passion and excitement to everything they do and they never cease to amaze me with their undying thirst for knowledge. They inspire me to never stop learning. Every time I think I have studied enough they remind me that my days as a student never come to an end. We are students of life and therefore should continue to pay attention to all the lessons that life presents to us. They are my biggest teachers and I just adore them.
4. What inspires you?
A few months ago I might have not been able to answer this question, but recently my perception about what inspires me has really emerged. Life inspires me. Everyday I wake up with the desire to learn something new, to share my love with others, and to open my heart to all the good things that are waiting to present themselves to me. I have reconnected with those things that are good and true about myself and am inspired by the universes response to my shift perception. Things are changing for the better because I approach and look at things very differently. I am truly inspired by life.
5. What is your favorite quote?
I have way too many quotes that I adore. Please refer to my favorite quotes page. The list keeps growing and I think that’s a beautiful thing. If you haven’t noticed I am constantly including quotes in my writing. I don’t think this will ever stop. There are just too many inspiring thoughts out there.
6. If you could travel ten years back in time, what advice would you give yourself?
Be patient. Stop chasing happiness. Give it a chance to catch up with you. 🙂
7. What special or unusual skills do you have?
I’m not sure if this is a special or unusual skill, but I like to think I am pretty in tune with my intuition. Whenever I have been faced with a moment where my intuition jumps out and screams at me I tend to follow it. It has gotten me out of some pretty scary moments in my life and I am grateful that I was able to stop myself and just listen.
My greatest achievement thus far was the day I decided to walk away from my doctoral program in psychology. While in the moment it was a decision I struggled with, I was able to come to the realization that becoming a psychologist wasn’t what I was meant to do. Deciding to take some time to analyze what I wanted in life was huge for me as I have never walked away from a goal. Looking back on this moment in my life now, I realize what a huge achievement this was for me. It’s hard to walk away from something to go into the unknown, but today I am so grateful I did. My desire in life has always been to help people and today I can honestly say I am getting to do that in my own unique way. Life really has a way of helping you get on the right path. Just be patient and the natural openings for enlightenment will present themselves.
9. What is the most unexpected fact you’ve learned from your job search?
It’s really unfortunate that individuals with graduate degrees and a lot of related job experience are being so underpaid. On the flip side, if you know your worth you can find a way to charter your own course in life. Be creative and perhaps you might discover you have an inner entrepreneur just waiting to come alive.
10. What are your best qualities?
I’m lively and loving. I’m polite and considerate. I’m empathetic and sincere. I’m loyal and honest. I like to live my life with youthful enthusiasm and I am always looking to create lasting memories. I am ambitious and highly self motivated.
Reese Witherspoon. She is always so bubbly and energetic in the majority of her movie roles. She also seems to have such a cooky personality. Anytime I watch her movies I always find myself smiling from ear to ear. I see a lot of the same personality traits she portrays in her movies within myself. If she doesn’t mind making herself a brunette to play me I would love for her to tell my story one day. 🙂
11 Random facts about me:
1. I am toying around with the idea of coloring my hair a lighter shade brown/blonde. I am looking for a fun change for the spring and summer months. Let’s see if I have the guts.
2. I have successfully worked out at least 4-5 times a week in this past month. I hope to keep this momentum going all spring and summer.
4. I have been working on the logo for my coaching practice over these past few weeks. I cannot wait to share it with you all once its complete.
5. I wear glasses but am highly considering getting lasik surgery in the next year or so.
6. I want to explore my interest in painting. I have had a few opportunities to make murals for the kids at my job and I loved the experience. I should start painting for fun again.
7. I look forward to this month of change and growth. Lot’s of big things are happening. I plan to embrace it all and enjoy the ride.
8.I started reading Daring Greatly this week. Thus far I am really enjoying it. I need to remember to add this book to my running reading list page.
9. I love to sing. I miss the days when I had a car and I used to sing along with my stereo. I can’t carry a tune but it’s still a lot of fun to try.
10. I am terrible at math.
11. I never liked vegetables as a child but as an adult I can’t get enough of them.
And the nominees are…
11 Questions for the nominees
1. What 4 words would you use to describe yourself?
2. What inspires you?
3. What did you want to be when you were little?
4. If you could travel ten years back in time, what advice would you give yourself?
5. Favorite way to spend your day off?
6. If you could own any animal what would it be?
7. Given the choice of anyone, alive or dead, who would you want to have dinner with for an evening?
8. What is the best and worst about blogging?
9. One skill you wish you had!
10. What advice would you give a new writer?
11. What topic should I blog about next?
Ambition In The City