Warmest thoughts and well wishes for a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year.
“May you live every day of your life.” Jonathan Swift
With love from The beautiful Dominican Republic,
Ambition In The City will be away this week. While I’m away I have decided to schedule some of my most popular posts to run again. If this is your first time seeing these posts, please let me know what you think about them. If this is your second time seeing these posts, but you enjoyed reading them the first time around, show some love and repost them on your blogs. Thanks to all my readers for all your support. If you still want to get some inspiration I will still be posting on my Facebook page while I’m away. Feel free to hit like and follow me on Facebook. Have a great week everyone.
Hope you are all enjoying these last few beautiful days of summer. Today I will be flying out to New Orleans with my love for much-needed play, rest, and adventure. While I’m away I will not be posting on Ambition In The City. This will be a time for a complete recharge and reboot for me. I am very excited and am looking forward to being inspired by the beautiful people of New Orleans. I plan to take in all the art, culture, and vibrancy that this wonderful place has to offer. I am certain that this mini vacation will help to shift me back into gear and motivate me to keep moving forward with my coaching, writing, and art. Looking forward to sharing my experience with you all when I get back on September 4th.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend filled with love, laughs and a lot of positivity. Live it up!
Ambition In The City
I’d like to thank Dreamspinner Extraordinaire for presenting me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am deeply grateful for this lovely honor. If you haven’t yet come upon Michelle’s lovely blog, please take some time today to check it out. I love her work and am often inspired by her writing.
Rules for this Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add the Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate a list of bloggers that inspire you.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
7 Random Facts
1. I have been thinking about lunch since I ate breakfast this morning. It’s just been one of those days. I just want to eat everything in sight!
2. I am very much looking forward to a much-needed getaway with my handsome boyfriend to New Orleans at the end of the month. 10 days away and counting. 🙂
3. It makes me a little sad that summer is coming to a close. I am not looking forward to the fall and winter months. I am a summer baby and will always prefer warm weather.
4. I having been painting every weekend in hopes to start my own Etsy shop online. I am in love with the pieces I have created thus far and look forward to sharing them with the world.
5. In true summer baby fashion we have booked a Christmas vacation to the Dominican Republic. I am so looking forward to seeing the palm trees decorated with twinkly Christmas lights.
6. Travel, food, and art as you can tell are my favorite things these days. In the next coming weeks I will be taking an Indian cooking class with some of my girlfriends. I cannot wait to learn how to incorporate all of the intoxicatingly exotic spices into some yummy traditional dishes.
7. Last, but certainly not least, I am already planning my 30th birthday extravaganza. This years oversea’s celebration will take place in Greece! Haven’t decided on which island to stay on just yet, but I am certain this trip is going to be one to remember.
And the nominees are…
6. TK Butterfly
Ambition In The City
I will be out of the country on vacation starting May 6th to the 16th. I will be offline while i am away so this means no email, no phone, no wordpress.
While away i plan on catching up on some reading, relaxing, and enjoying time alone with my boyfriend on the Amalfi Coast. My goal is to “recharge my batteries,” so to speak, so I can continue to share what I am learning from my life experiences with all my readers on Ambition In The City.
I never thought this day would come. I have been dreaming of this vacation for years and now it’s finally here! I’ll take lots of pictures and share my experience as soon as I get settled back in the states.
Ambition In The City
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” Saint Augustine of Hippo
As part of my New Years resolution I promise to devote more of my time this year to traveling. This Christmas I purchased a Scratch Map for my boyfriend and I to document the places in the world we have already seen together and to identify new lands we have yet to discover. In total we have visited 4 countries throughout the span of our relationship. As our three-year anniversary approaches in a few days we have already begun to research where we would like to go next. When we think of traveling we always look to visit places where we can learn not only about other people and their cultures but learn about ourselves. Like the quote above expresses the world is but a book. If we limit ourselves to a life confined to the place where we were born we will only read one page of that book. This year I aspire to uncover the next few pages of this world. I will visit three new countries in 2013.
Now i know what some will say, traveling costs money. While the majority of us don’t make an unlimited amount of money every year we can usually identify alternative ways to accomplish almost any goal we set for ourselves. If I make it a point to travel a certain amount of times in a given year I prioritize my responsibilities and plan my trips in a reasonable fashion. There are ways to reduce travel costs by merely doing your homework. Plan ahead and plan realistically. If you can determine what it is you want to get out of a particular travel experience you can structure all travel arrangements to suit your desired preferences. Set aside $35 a week for a year and save $1820 towards your next trip. If you can do this for one year you will see that it doesn’t take a lot of money to take you where you wanna go. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” Anonymous
There is no amount of money that can compare to the priceless experiences you gain through your travels . The more you travel the more you will become aware of the world around you. Of the wonders this world has to offer and how each opportunity to see new lands allows you to discover a little more about yourself. Travel has a way of demonstrating to you how you are a small but very important part of the puzzle. You never know, your next destination might create an opportunity for a great adventure.
Ambition In The City
Loving Life and Inspiring Others
A great WordPress.com site
Finding my way back out of motherhood -- while mothering
Don't ever change yourself to impress someone, cause they should be impressed that you don't change to please others -- When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is, always remember that the teacher is always quiet during a test --- Unknown
This WordPress.com site is the bee's knees
Self Motivation is the best type of motivation that you need in life
Made Of All That Glitters In This Strange Mind Of Mine
melanie jean juneau
Art and the philosophy of life
melanie jean juneau
all about human interests
a lifestyle and happiness blog
Dedicated to my insane side.
Empowering and Inspiring people to be fully authentic, loving, happy, peaceful and joyful in their lives.
life is always sweeter and yummier through a lens. bunnyandporkbelly [at] gmail [dot] com
photography and other things
the internet equivalent to blueberry waffles cover in bacon.............. mmmmmmm........bacon
Style, Trends, Fashion, Technology
EDGE CAMP [Intel]
My life as a psychologist
explorations of mindful fatherhood
This path has many roads, eventually they lead to the same destination
savoring the beauty in the everyday
Laura Quick's book The Quick Guide To Parenting is available to order on Amazon. A perfect gift for parents.
Self-Indulgent Ramblings From Elo - The Awesomely Unusual Girl
Help and Inspiration to Live a Happy Life