Hate your Job?
If you can answer YES to more than half of these statements, it might be time for a change.
-Ambition In The City-
1. My commute to work is a nightmare!
2. My hours are endless and overtime is not an option.
3. My position is mediocre and i know i can do better.
4. I am in a hostile working environment.
5. I do not agree with the work culture that exists at my job.
6. I am underpaid.
7. I feel underutilized.
8. My efforts and hard work are rarely, if ever recognized.
9. I am constantly being singled out unfairly as the culture in the office likes to play favorites.
10. There are little to no opportunities for growth in my position.
11. I am constantly called to conform. Innovative thinking is met with extreme resistance.
12. I am forced to take on additional responsibilities without compensation and support.
13. My daily routine has become mundane.
14. There is lack of creativity in my job.
15. My position is not met with much respect.
16. I do not get along with my coworkers.
17. My day is filled with useless conference calls, meetings, and busy work.
18. Some of the practices i observe on a daily basis are questionable.
19. The higher level management at my job are incompetent.
20. I am sometimes forced to suppress my personality in order to fit the mold at my job.
BONUS: When sexism, ageism, and/or racism is alive and kicking in your workplace there should be no question as whether you should stick around. -Ambition In The City-
“For many people a job is more than an income – it’s an important part of who we are.”-Paul Clitheroe-
“What is it that you like doing? If you don’t like it, get out of it, because you’ll be lousy at it. You don’t have to stay with a job for the rest of your life, because if you don’t like it you’ll never be successful in it.” -Lee Iacocca-